The wonderful Molly from Just Your Average Athlete nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I let out a squeal of excitement when I finally noticed that I was one of the eleven bloggers that she had chosen to nominate! And now I am finally getting the time to write out the post!
The Liebster Blog Award is for newbie bloggers who are getting started. Liebster is a German word for ‘favorite’ or ‘dearest.’ So yay! Thank you Molly!
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself. (Easier than I thought it would be!)
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and link/mention them in your post.
My 11 Random Facts:
1. My family picks on me due to the amount of vegetables I consume. Especially those of the squash variety. My Dad swears that my skin has taken on an orange tint. Oops…
2. I am insanely close to my family. My Mom and I exchange approximately 56478 texts a day.
3. I have trouble saying no. This can be a good quality at times. It’s how I ended up participating in an 8 mile obstacle course trail run. And now I can’t wait for the running season to begin again! It’s also how I managed to become an assistant basketball coach. Did I mention I’ve never played basketball before?
4. I think blind dates are hysterical. Even though there have been some awkward ones-I love having a story to tell!
5. My food obsessions change according to the season. In the fall I want everything pumpkin. For Christmas I wanted everything peppermint. Including marshmallows.
6. My cupboards are dedicated to coconut. Shredded coconut, coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut aminos, coconut flour, and let’s not forget the 3 jars of Nikki’s coconut butter.
7. I have my Master’s degree in Literacy and am a certified teacher, but thanks to the politics of New York State, I am in my second year of substituting for local school districts. Frustrating much?
8. I love each and every holiday. I started talking about Valentine’s Day the other day. Whoa! I am not the only one though-my grocery store had their candy display set up already! All I want are some cute heart decorations!
9. I have a habit of asking people what their favorite food, movie, book, song, restaurant, etc is… I try to only practice this annoying habit on my family members, but it can be a great trick for those times when you have no idea what to talk about! Ironically, I have a hard time picking my favorite things…
10. I get overly excited for everything. Kristen Bell says it perfectly here.
11. I never thought I would be a teacher when I was younger. My dream occupations ranged from a neonatal nurse to a veterinarian to a civil engineer, and then finally an elementary teacher!
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
The ability to have everyone experience the endorphin rush of a good run, workout, walk, hike etc. I think our world would be a much happier place if movement was mandatory!
2. What is the strangest talent you have?
Is writing thank you notes a talent? I always write thank you notes after receiving a gift. It is something that my Mom made me do when I was little, and now I have to do it-it feels wrong not to!
5. What do you hope to be doing 5 years from now?
6. Who taught you to drive?
7. What is your favorite genre of music?
8. What are you most afraid of?
9. Do you speak any other languages besides English?
10. Are you lefty or a righty?
11. If you could have one last meal, what would it be?