I am sure that there will be a lot of these 2012 recap posts happening in the blog world. I was going to do my recap going by the month, but I decided to make it even more simple and just list off my Top 12 Moments, Happenings, and Life Lessons for 2012. I learned, changed, and discovered so much this past year!
2012: Top 12 Moments, Happenings, and Life Lessons
1. I started a blog! A tiny step towards future goals.
2. It’s okay not to always have a plan. Sometimes things turn out better that way!
3. I moved into my very own apartment! This has changed so many aspects of my life-from my relationship with my family, to my confidence in knowing that I can manage and make decisions independently. Not to mention, I am now the proud owner of a beautiful washer and dryer!
4. Laughter makes any situation better. Being able to laugh at my mistakes or problems that I have encountered is the best way to avoid stressing the small stuff!
5. I really am a teacher. After spending almost the entire school year as a long term substitute teacher, I learned and grew so much. I also started to see myself as a teacher, rather than someone who had simply gone to school for teaching.
6. Everything is better through a child’s eyes. The things that kids say and do will never cease to amaze me. Spending my summer as a nanny was one of the best things that could have happened!
7. I make my own choices, therefore I control my happiness.
8. Everything does happen for a reason. Even though I have been told this a million times growing up, I truly started seeing and believing this.
9. I started running, and didn’t stop once the colder temperatures set in! I also ran the farthest I have ever ran and logged quite a few miles!
10. I visited NYC. Twice! And can’t wait to return again.
11. I started drinking the Paleo kool-aid and completed my first Whole 30.
12. I voted! Even though I have been registered to vote since high school, I have never actually practiced this right!
2012 was a year of growth and learning for me. I learned so much about who I am and what I am capable of. Now on to even bigger and better things: 2013!
What did you learn in 2012?